Deliverable: An essay or statement of purpose that is engaging, compelling and genuine. Length: 750 words or less. At the end of this service you’ll receive a PDF version of your essay or statement of purpose as well as a Word document which you can edit and build on in the future.
Process: Client emails consultant: their resume, info about the program they’re applying to and a rough draft or outline of their essay → 1.25-hour Brainstorming Phone Call → 1st Draft of Essay → Feedback → Subsequent Edits
Prior to your call, you’ll email your consultant your resume and information about the program you’re applying to. You’ll also send your consultant a rough draft or outline of your essay or statement of purpose. This rudimentary document serves as a springboard for the phone call. Your consultant will spend 1.25 hours (that’s 1 hour and 15 minutes) on the phone with you discussing the program, your professional stories and the essay or statement of purpose. After the call, you’ll receive the first draft of your essay or statement of purpose. You’ll review the first draft and make any comments or changes using the track change functionality in Word. Depending on your feedback, either additional edits to your cover letter will follow or a phone call will be set up to discuss questions and concerns. The process continues until everyone is 100% satisfied. (Accommodations available for clients with dyslexia).
Turnaround Time: Each service contains several deliverables. The turnaround time for any one deliverable (like new edits to a document based on client feedback) is a maximum of two business days (see the FAQs for more information). Total turnaround time is a function of a) the client’s availability to schedule calls and b) the amount of time the client requires to provide feedback on drafts. A typical timeline follows.
- Day 1: Client emails consultant: Current resume, program info and essay draft or outline
- Day 3: Essay Call
- Day 5: Client receives a first draft of their essay or statement of purpose.
- Days 6-7: Client spends some time reviewing the essay or statement of purpose – possibly sharing it with a few contacts. CLient uses the track change functionality in Word to insert comments, feedback and changes into the document.
- Day 8: Client’s feedback is received. Either a call will be scheduled in the next day or two or the client will receive an updated essay or statement of purpose draft based on their feedback.
- Day 9+: Additional rounds of review and editing as necessary.